Saturday, August 30, 2008

I don't want to start this off on the wrong foot. First, everything in Hong Kong seems to be bite sized - the cars, the fridges, even most of the prices. So, by the standards of the surrounding area, I guess the apartment is not too small. It also helped to get all my crap off the floor. The living area is enjoyable and fairly well lit, and the bathroom is not too shabby. The kitchen is a whole different story, though.



Here is the stove, oven, and microwave (scratch those last two). It's a two-burner gas range.




Here's the cute little fridge.


And here's the interesting and seriously confusing washing machine - no dryer.


The people in the home goods store must already be getting tired of seeing me, although I am a pretty good customer by now, having been in three times today and two yesterday. It seems I can't get through one part of my day without needing to go over there again. They seem to have everything I need - wardrobe, shelves, dinner ware, towel, soap, etc. This place made all the difference in my room.


Before:


After:


Oh, and of course, there was an enormous blowout in my luggage, whoch fortunately held up until I could drop my bag safely inside. i am none too happy, but at least I was able to pack wisely and keep the nicer things from getting ruined.



News on the trip to Macau (Macao) tomorrow. Now, it's bedtime.

No comments: