Thursday, August 28, 2008

Getting into Hong Kong

Well, I just got into the dorm and it is small - I would have written that in caps but it seemed couterproductive. pretend I said "small" really loud though... It consists of three bedrooms - each with a lockable door, and a common kitchen, living, dining, and bath. But it is free.

The flight was actually nice - aside from the dry throat and the chapped lips. We landed nearly 40 minutes ahead of schedule. The views out were either incredible or gray, and seemed to switch randomly from one to the other. I had a full three seats to myself - enough to "stretch out" and have a snooze - but enough to leave a crickin my neck upon waking. I probably got about five hours of sleep - which was not enough as my body is screaming at me to take a shower and go to bed. The bus ride to the office was also pleasant.

Than I had to get off the Air Con - equipped bus and hike along in the humid hotness to the office. Not a big deal, but my first implression was one of tired dazed sweatiness. impressive. I am looking forward to a shower and a nap - or a zonk - we'll see what my body has to say about things. Pictures of the flight and day 1 will follow.

No comments: