Friday, January 9, 2009

Well, as usual, I'll begin by apologizing for being so out of touch for such a long time. I've been incredibly busy lately with personal projects, my family and girlfriend came to visit me for Christmas and the New Year, and I've been trying to keep my head above the water at work. I know I have a few dedicated followers at home and I apologize for leaving you all hanging for such a long time. There is enough news that I can't put it all down here, but I will do my best to update a little bit over the weekend. Work's been great, but a little bit tedious. I have been doing the same thing for a couple of months now and it seems to be never-ending. I guess that's why they call it work. After passing the halfway mark in early December, the amount of time remaining in Hong Kong seems to be growing shorter at a ridiculous pace. With less than 2 months left, I am already thinking about how good it will feel to be home with my family, friends, and loved ones (especially my dog - miss you nutmeg!).

Here is a list of some of the things I didn't think I'd miss nearly as much as I do(this list does not include people because that's a whole different topic and I don't want anyone at home to feel inadequate)

1: paper money that's all the same size (and fits in my wallet while i'm at it)
2: Driving
3: Driving on the right (I actually had to think about that for a minute - scary huh?)
4: Chipotle Burritos
5: Real hamburgers
6: American soda - made with high-fructose corn syrup - not sugar from cane which is what i think they use here
7: the rest of my clothes
8: the rest of my shoes (never thought I'D be the one to miss shoes ;) )
9: Pandora Radio
10: Family guy
11: The most important presidential election of my lifetime (i suspect)
12: Rock Music
13: School
14: waking up late
15: The imperial measuring system
16: american skim milk
17: Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (i found Kraft spirals and cheese but without american milk - it's hopeless)
18: Cheddar cheese - cheese(other than processed) in general for that matter
19: American TV - I only get two english channels - and I miss discovery
20: real football - because the rest of the world logically calls soccer football or futbol

Hopefully I'll be in touch over the weekend.

No comments: